As life went on things for me were good. I was happy and I had a full childhood. We had horses, chickens rabbits, we didnt know what it meant to want for something. We weren't rich by any stretch of the word but we were comfortable. My parents bought an acre of property on the south end of Layton, built a house and we moved in. Like I said life was good. Behind the scenes of what a child sees, I didnt know the heartache my mother was facing, she wanted nothing more in life than to be mother. She lost baby after baby trying to be a mother of many children, in that process I was adopted, as was John.
My mother had something called RH factor, which basically in those days let the woman have her first baby with no issues, then the following children the body saw that growing child as a thing to fight off. like sickness. so the following kids all died just prior to birth. my mother was heartbroken over and over If my memory serves me right I think there 5 babies full term died during labor. 1 pregnancy was a set of twins. I dont know the details but in 1976 my mother yet again got pregnant and was taking meds to fool her body into not hurting the baby, Drs took the baby early to make sure he survived, my mother while in the hospital, suffered a stroke, she died shortly there after.
No comments:
Post a Comment